9.23.2009

In loving Memory...

July 2, 2005: There is Hope
I was 20 back then...



I thought there was no hope, but there was again... Pink Floyd reunited once more, and played the best music no one played in years. Not to dismiss the effords of Velvet Revolver, which is another band I like a lot, but Pink Floyd is Pink Floyd.

And I was happy, 'cause maybe my heroes, would be together again...

July 8, 2006: The Dominoes crumbled
I was 21 back then...



Syd Barret, the main force behind the early Pink Floyd, died because of something related with diabetes. And how strange, it was almost a year after his former bandmates reunited... The whole music community is shocked, specially we Floyd fans.


September 15, 2008: The skies wanted an Orchestra Director.
I was 23 back then...



Almost a month before my birthday, I was already setting the countdown to October 17th. Not that I threw a big party or something, I personally don't like either 'cause I am not used to it, or 'cause the last gathering I offered for my party, no one of my "friends" went, I have no clue.

I remember being tired, exhausted from a hard college day, and its fucking things, and its fucking teachers... As usual, I started up my PC, to check some stuff, Facebook maybe, and one of my friends had something that said something 'bout Richard Wright. So I quickly googled it, and I realised that Richard Wright died of cancer.

I was sad... I still am, 'cause I always thought that Richard was a key factor in Floyd's sound, since I started hearin' them. First thing I heard of Floyd, while I was 19, was Dark Side of the Moon, I believe it was Fate that put that album near my hands, otherwise I will be still playing a thousand notes per minute on my guitar, doing the same old song and dance that millions of guitar players do nowadays.

September 14, 2009
I'm 24 years old...

I was getting ready to somehow, honor Richard Wright, spending the whole day hearing just Floyd, and in the end just hear the album Broken China. That's the latest musical statement Richard made before dyin', what a great album. It has a great message and vibe... I was also sort of angry, I just had some incident with some lady I liked, but now I can't see her...

Nothing happened between the two of us, and nothing will happen... 'cause she finally showed how she is. But that's not the point...

September 15, 2009: Only the good die young...
I'm still 24 years old...

I was on the Metrovia bus, sitting hearing some Floyd, on my way to lift some weights... Mondays are usually good for me at gym, 'cause my stamina is high usually the first day of the week. By accident, I read something 'bout a double murderer, mother and daughter killed... and raped. Depression and anger arised at no time, I felt really sorry for the victims, specially for the young girl...

It seems, that I am one of those few human beings left who feel the sadness and anger mixed together, and also, that somehow feel related with someone they have no clue. It's exactly what happened to me with this girl... I keep thinkin' "My God, this isn't fair, she was just 21... why, why would she die this horrible and non-sense way?" I was so angry, that I even blamed the murderer, whoever he is, and his stupid reasons to do such thing, to rape a girl and kill her stabbing with no mercy, feeling powerful over an innocent disarmed.



Now I'm looking at her picture. She was beautiful...

This post is in loving memory of all the heroes fallen, and the innocent killed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sysyphus

My photo
Would you believe that I speak spanish, but I prefer english instead?