3.05.2009

Radiohead



Radiohead is something I could not easily describe, to be honest. Radiohead is something I think people misunderstands, to be honest. Radiohead is unique, to be honest.

I couldn't easily describe what those guys did, do and will do on everyone who hears them. In my humble opinion, a lot of things could happen, ranging from humble appreciation of their music, to artsy-fartsy pretentions of trying to be them. It's like what Medusa, the mythical creature did. If you looked straight to her eyes, you were turned into a piece of stone, perfectly making a stone sculpture of you.

What does "humble appreciation" means for me? I think, just let 'em do what they do, and be humble enough to just listen, and let go... That thing happens to me while I hear "OK Computer" album, specially while I'm on the song "Subterranean Homesick Alien". That song takes you to another world, well, the whole album does.

What does "artsy-fartsy pretentions" mean? Well, have you ever listened to someone TRYING to sound like them? It's terrible! I got this moniker for them "Radiohead for baby parties" 'cause, they do sound terrible. Unfortunately, that happens when your ego blows away your poor imagination and inventive and multiply it by zero.

- I know folks, sometimes I could be very rad.

And that's why I think they misunderstand them. Sometimes, yeah you could say "Hey, that chord is so simple I'll do it". It sounds simple, but there's an awful lot going on through that chord progression you hear. Anyway, it's my opinion after all...



So, take a moment here...

Listen to their music, be humble, just listen... Travel to other world if that's your thing, or just, listen... all of their music, lyrics... listen. That's what a musician stands for, to be listened...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sysyphus

My photo
Would you believe that I speak spanish, but I prefer english instead?