5.28.2009

The one you see, it's not the one you could meet.


Long ago, while I was 21, one of the teachers I admire at college, said the following:

"There's always the chance, that you could be like one person to all people, and there's also the chance, you'd keep a lot of secrets, a lot of people don't know, and will not know ever."

Continuing with my retrospective on my 24 almost 25 years, I have nothing more to say but agree... and say that it is right. Have you ever heard the track "Saucerful Of Secrets" by Pink Floyd? Well, I guess that's my soundtrack, and it quite defines the kind of people who is just like me. A big chest of questions with no answer, a 1.92 mts question mark.

I've been defined by many on so many words, and some of them are right. Some of them are wrong, and some of them are totally pointless... Just for the fun of it, I'll post the words I've been defined by. Just read 'em, have a laugh with me, or just close the fuckin' window and leave this ol' geezer's blog

- Shy, Antisocial, Psicho, Maniac, Social Anxiety compulsive.
- Egotistical, Modest, Artsy, Pretentious, Humble, Untalented, Talented.
- Boring, Entertainer, Stand Up Comedian, Sour Humourist, Ironic, Iconoclast.

So far, I've been labeled and defined by people in different situations, scenarios and years in 16 words. But to me it is just the top of the Iceberg... Yeah. Something funny I've just read 'bout the fellas who were born in the day I was born, is that we, October 17th born, are so many things to many people, but no one knows the real us deep inside us. And that couldn't be more right, and true.

It is easy for us men and women, to label people the way we want to, with no aprehensions, restrictions, or whatsover. We just, fire the goddamn words, and let 'em ring through the listener's ears, and well, what it's done it's done.

It is easy, to overjudge the book by its cover, but you know, the books that seemed "boring" 'cause of their simple cover, were in fact real masterpieces. I think the same happens with people, we all are rough diamonds, waiting to be polished, or in the process of polishing, 'cause not all of us shine since the day we were born.


Some of Us are fallen inbreds of heaven and hell, some of Us are God Send Angels, some of us are the same punishers of hell, as depicted by Dante in his Commedia in the Inferno Circles. We only know who really we are, and will be.

We all seem to be the actors, and actresses in a theatre plot, called life
We all seem to run wild, act wrong, be defenseless and at the same time agressive
We all seem to be lost, fall in love, dwell in lust, and fuck things up...
We all do, We all do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sysyphus

My photo
Would you believe that I speak spanish, but I prefer english instead?