6.15.2009

June 15th...



June 15th, 1951. One of my new fond musical heroes and influences, Steve Walsh, was born.
June 15th, 1975. My stepsister, Solange, who is a key person in my life, was born.

There are things that keep changin' as you keep growing, becoming an adult, and learning how to be a man. Some experiences are painful, some others are full of joy, whereas some others just, keep being null and void. Unless you want 'em to change. It's all in the mind.

Today it was supposed to be a great day. As I was used all my 24 years of short existance, we would have some sort of food feist with my family, 'cause it was my sister's birthday. Actually in every birthday that's the way it was supposed to be, unfortunately, the wheel of fortune kept rolling, and so the money, which is somewhat difficult to find nowadays, specially in the country I live in.

We would sit 'round the table, have a good laugh, and all that. I just remembered something... Nothing lasts forever, but the earth and sky...

It's been a though time for me, without my stepsister on my side, joking, talking, hearing me talking 'bout my "Quijote" attitude towards ladies (A reason why I have failed an awful lot in the past) and all that. It's been 3 months exactly, since she left home... It's been 3 months since the only person in the world who cared 'bout me, my dreams and hopes, is gone, since she decided to keep no contact with me and my family, and all that... for something she thinks is love.

I am no one to judge women, but every day I understand them less... * You read it * and, maybe I'm not alone at all...

It's been a though time for me, without my stepsister on my side... A day that was supposed of joy, turned down as being very, low key. Despite all the things goin' around me, the chance to get a job, my improvement on my social skills (where I have serious issues), and looking myself every day turning into a self made man... Despite all that, I felt lonely.

In fact, it just rained. Now I ain't sleeping well, neither my mom does. I understand her, the pain for her must be infinitesimal, 'cause she's my sister's mother. She says she doesn't care, but boy she does, any mother in the world will care 'bout her children, even if they are grown up adults. We'll always be the weakling babies they gave birth, in their eyes...

Sun didn't came out in the whole day, in fact, it just rained, rained, rained, rained, rained. And I went down, but my face showed a smile... what a contradiction.

Life's been hard lately for my family these days, for each one of us, in different ways.

But I just keep in mind this Kansas' song, which says in the end:

"Don't hang on, nothing lasts forever, but the earth and sky..."

A June 15th born, as my sister, just gave me back the hopes I've kept losing since my sister is gone...



Dust in the wind, Everything is Dust in the Wind

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sysyphus

My photo
Would you believe that I speak spanish, but I prefer english instead?