1.25.2010

A prayer without a God... (To hear or read it)




Save me, lord of the skies...
This human soul can't take this anymore
Save me, lord of the skies...
The devil is destroying all my hopes

I wouldn't pray in a loud voice
Exhausted and beaten I feel
Words from friends and strangers don't seem to help
And the woman I love hates me.

The blues I feel, I wish you could heal
I know it ain't nothing compared to a mortal disease
I know it ain't nothing compared to your dying son's agony
Yeah, he told me to carry a cross as he did
But he cheated death, for me that's an unknown trick.

I've met death face to face before,
First time I did, the day I was born
Doctors said I'd come to the world dead,
But I cheated death too, and I breathed fresh air

It's been 25 years since that day
And up to now, the only feelings I know are anger and pain
Yeah, I'm loved by my family and friends
But the woman I love, keeps going away

Hear me Lord, spare some mercy on me...
If I sinned in the past, please set me free...
But if this is the destiny I hand-made by myself...
Then please, make your son stronger...
Let me enjoy the things I could not...

I hope my words reach you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sysyphus

My photo
Would you believe that I speak spanish, but I prefer english instead?