2.10.2010

Listen, it's the best gift you could give to someone...



Last day I was practicing some guitar excercises on my guitar, all through the neck, in the key of C major, and all of sudden someone rang the bell outside my house. It was this old, very old lady who happens to be a friend of my mother, and happens also to know me since I was a very, little baby.

As many of you know, I'm 25 right now, for those of you who have seen me (either through photos or in person) know that I am quite bigger than I used to be, because I'm lifting weights, and since I'm a tall fella, now I seem like a giant!

Anyway, the joy in the lady's face when she saw me was really genuine. I mean, she knows me since I was a lil' kid, and now I'm almost a grown up adult, and told me she was glad to see me healthy and strong. So I saluted her, she saluted my mom, started talking with her and I went back to my guitar excercises and sit, being left with these thoughts I'm sharing right now.

When having this kind of situations, we have the chance to reflect. I'm not saying to look on the past, but to reflect what we have done, what are we doing, and what we're going to do. It's very common, that one day you're sitting somewhere in your house, or you're in the bus, whatever the place, and then someone calls you (or text messages you, I'm aware of the times we live in) saying that they need to talk to you.

What do we usually do? Have we thought "Let's treat the others the way we would want to be treated"?. Have we thought "Oh man, here's this fella again"?. Have we thought in the smallest, chance that with just listening, someone would be released, or would feel better?

Having a good pair of ears, and a double pair of eyes ('cause I use lenses), I was aware of the situation going on with the ol' lady and my mom. They were talking, but the ol' lady was the one leading the conversation, she was asking my mother a ton of questions, but at the same time I could tell she was feeling sort of in company.

I might be wrong, but every time I've seen this ma'am on my house, she leaves with a big smile in her face. Sometimes my mom says "Tell her I'm not here" but, as fucked up as I am, I tell the lady nothing, 'cause I am aware that sometimes we people need company, in the shape of conversation. Specially if you're someone who lives alone.

We all deserve to be heard. I mean, if guys like thieves, narcos, and serial killers ARE heard, why the rest of people couldn't? Is there a difference between a priest and a thief? Is there a difference between a rich and a poor man? No, there isn't.



While being in the kind of situations where people asked me to go and listen to them, I usually do. Sometimes I am so pathetically humanitarian, that even if I'm really fucked up in the head and angry or, depressed, I try to put aside my personal bullshit to give some kind of relief for whoever asks me to do so.

Personally, while I have something that bothers me, or troubles me, I don't like to go out and call someone to talk. I used to do such thing before, but nowadays I'm aware that people run through their lives, instead of walking, and I don't wanna bother no one with my thoughts of anger, solitude and despair. And there's plenty of them, so that's why I decided to write 'em down, in the shape of words.

Let's be honest, there's nothing like being heard. There's a difference between being surrounded in a sea of letters and being surrounded in a hug, or shared tears.

There's also something special, almost magical, when you start to talk within yourself, within words that are coming out of your head, within musical notes being played and heard by your ears... To me that's what works...

But once again, there's nothing like human warmth, a sincere look in the eyes...

If you run with the luck of being surrounded by people who loves you, listen to them. I guarantee you, they'll be your support while being old, and you'll not live alone in your later adulthood.

If you're like me... I hope you could change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sysyphus

My photo
Would you believe that I speak spanish, but I prefer english instead?