2.04.2010

Time to keep walkin' ...



After 7 years of being studying in college, today was my last day in college.

Feelings coming up? Well, I'm at this moment saying to myself that I'm gonna miss some people, that I'm definitely happy to not seein' again some others, but over all, that I proved myself I could do things, no matter how hard they seem to be.

The other day I was telling to a friend, that I almost threw the towel. It was 2007, things weren't that good for me back then, I had a lot of problems and thoughts flyin' like albatross, and they were quite hard to face. Plus, I had this weird idea of gettin' into a music college, and leave the college life.

Somehow (For Good or For Bad), my ol' sister (who's my niece's mother) told me to carry on 'till I finished, 'cause I was so damn close of being out of college. I also felt kinda weird 'cause a friend I really appreciate was 'bout to finish college, just as I am doing now. Things were heavy 'cause back then I didn't have too much friends, I don't have too many now but, I managed to know people from other courses who are younger than me.

There were though times, yeah, like when I had to repeat my Math courses for some "changes" the people in the director's board had made, times when I was told in my face I was worthless, that I was hopeless, but, there were also great times like when this particular teacher gave me hopes and helped me to uncover this "Do it or Die" attitude I have nowadays... there are plenty of memories, I will not say college was a bitter thing, but I'd not say also that it was the greatest moment in my life.

Through the years I had some great teachers, some others I didn't listen to at all, and some others that tried to make things miserable (Maybe I'm wrong) but, with the help of music, friends, and teachers who encouraged not only me but also my fellow classmates, we sure wouldn't be the place we are now: Finishing (College wise)

Should I say I regret the decision of finishing College? To be honest, not at all.

Sure, there are things you learn in the street, but there are some things that you learn in college, through research, through questions, through experiences, through trial and error. Most of us know those things, most of us don't. Most of us went to find their lovers in the classrooms, most of us don't.

(And well, for you who read the story of the college girl I liked, it didn't worked. Somehow I realised that she wasn't gonna be my girl...)

To be honest, I felt that I left some things undone, I felt that my freedom is now a fact, I felt that it's time to find my way through music. Maybe I'm about to start this wonderful and terrifying ride of doing what I feel I should do.



But that's what life's all about...

Nothing and No-One's gonna stop me now...

Life is a mistery, better it is that way...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sysyphus

My photo
Would you believe that I speak spanish, but I prefer english instead?