2.12.2010

More (Minus) Human



The week is over and the month continues moving on. As I thought, this week was somehow kind of weird, 'cause the carnival is 'bout to start, and people is going nuts already wondering where would they be this year, due to not breaking the tradition of going away while we have this holiday time.

Personally I have to deal with some things, first of all the thesis thing, 'cause I have to re-think of the approach I'm giving to it, got word from a friend of mine who's working with me on it that one of our college teachers said some bullshit 'bout it, and we came to the conclusion that the guy just don't like our work or the thing we're trying to work on... And, somehow I've got this weird feeling that this fella's gonna be on the thesis judges, so gotta re-think and re-re-think it, all of that in less than 2 months.

Life's really a motherfucker, just like people. But it's ok, I'm fine with it.

There's also the music thing, yesterday had a great guitar class and, as usual I came back home feeling like I learned something else that I had no clue before. At the same time, I realised how wrong I was on my approach on some things, music learning is actually a really humbling experience, where you realise that once you start on it, there will be always a long path to walk through.

I feel really happy 'cause of it, actually.

Actually, whatever the thing you love, it should be that way, being always fascinated, just like 2 lovers who just got into a relationship.

In music, and with the instrument I play, I always feel fascinated when learning a new chord, a new voicing, a new lil' concept... I guess that's why I wanna play as many instruments I can, being the next one to learn the piano. Damn, I love the sound of them white and black keys...

As usual, when being surrounded with music, I feel great. I feel no anxiety, no obscure clouds, no bullshit. When I'm without music, I feel sick, almost like dying. It's very weird but that's how I feel it...

So anyway, for those of you who're having fun in this holidays, I sincerely hope you do have fun, and for those of you who're staying at home, well, I sincerely hope you do have fun too.

I'll stay in the city, takin' care of my grandma 'cause my grandpa's gonna visit his family, and 'till he's back I gotta take care of her, and in the meantime I'll play some of my guitar things, I hope I won't bother her :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sysyphus

My photo
Would you believe that I speak spanish, but I prefer english instead?