2.01.2009

Rhandy Rhoads.


During this days I had a lot o' trouble getting my ideas organised. I mean, through my long musical journey I've got a lot of musical heroes, so keepin' the right order of how they appeared in my head is quite hard.

Today I'm gonna write 'bout one of the most greatest guitar players in the shredding history. Mr. Rhandy Rhoads. Rhandy was the first guitar player Ozzy Osbourne had as a soloist. Legend says that Rhandy was just warming up, like running up scales through the neck, and Ozzy heard that and said ''That's God talking to me'' and hired Rhandy inmediately.

I heard him by accident. A classmate who was an avid music collector as your humble narrator is, lent me a cd where, you find a plenty of good guitar videos. Among any other names, there was Ozzy Osbourne's ''Mr. Crowley'' video. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I thought there were more than just one guitar player, but I was wrong. There was just one, and it was Rhandy.



- If you don't believe me, just hear this -

He was heavily influenced by two of the greatest guitar players in history: Ed Van Halen, and Jimmy Page. And also, he liked to hear a lot of non-metal/rock music too... like John Mc Laughlin's, Pat Metheny, and classical music as well. During his career span with Ozzy, Rhandy recorded the albums ''Blizzard of Ozz'' and ''Diary of a Madman''.

Unfortunately, what seemed to be a promisory career and a rising new inspiration for guitar players to come, ended abruptly one day, while a stoned plane pilot done wrong an airplane trick, and killed Rhandy. He was one of the passengers of that aeroplane.

But anyway, maybe Rhandy's gone, but his music stays in our spirit...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sysyphus

My photo
Would you believe that I speak spanish, but I prefer english instead?