1.24.2009

The Crimson Disciples, Part I: California Guitar Trio

Long ago, while I was 'bout 20 * 4 Years to be Precise * I met Tool, 'cause the drummer of the band I'm about to start is nuts 'bout Tool's drummer, Danny Carey. Through Tool, I met King Crimson.

I always read interviews 'bout Maynard James Keenan and Adam Jones citing King Crimson as main influence. And boy, I liked what I heard, their first album ''In the Court of the Crimson King'' and the last ''The Power to Believe'' amaze me in levels that I only could compare to the first time I heard Pink Floyd... - 6 Years ago -

So the chain continues. I Heard Mr. Fripp carefully, to the point of studying countless hours his style, and how it made so much sense for me. A dissonant guy in a lot of areas, but oh well. Suddenly I noticed there was something different, maybe his tunning, that made him sound like no one have sounded before at the time...

Then, I noticed he had this group of people under his wing, like being his mentor. It was called ''The League of the Crafty Guitarists'' I was shocked, yet amazed of what I was hearing. All what I wanted to hear in an acoustic guitar player, was being played already. I was so damn happy.

Then, in this courses... 2 different groups were born. The first one was the California Guitar Trio. Paul Richards, Bert Lams and Hideyo Moriya. The three of 'em on guitars. I couldn't believe what this guys were doing. To me was like ''Goddamn, what a sound'' while I saw 'em on a video playing ''Ghost Riders of the Storm'', a melt song between Ghost Riders in the Sky - A western Classic - and Riders of the Storm, by The Doors.



- This is the reason I was like JEEZ...

Not enough with this, they have even played classical music. From Beethoven to Bach.



It's absolutely brilliant... I even got the goose bumps... Wish I could play like that :D...

http://www.cgtrio.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sysyphus

My photo
Would you believe that I speak spanish, but I prefer english instead?