1.24.2009

Metalllica


I know fellas. Right now you might be like ''What the fuck is wrong with this guy''. My musical taste could be very, very disparate. But I know what I like, what I don't, and that's it.

Anyway... Metallica. Gosh, I was 16 while I heard 'em because of a friend o' mine from high school who saw me sort of ''troubled'' and ''confused''. He lent me his own personalised CD full of Metallica songs. I reacted like ''O.K. this sounds amazing'', and I felt sleep hearing the last song. The next day, I was like some sort of Mad Scientist who just discovered the new potion for eternal youth.

At the time, I wasn't much involved with music. I just played some chords, and wanted to impress some chicks who studied near my high school. But all of sudden, my mind changed... I clearly remember the moment I first heard the song ''Master of Puppets''. The crunchy and powerful riffs coming out straight from James Hetfield's guitars to me was so damn high. I liked that, and I turned the volume up... I felt like this guy from Matrix. Seein the real thing, the ones and zeros.

I increasedly wanted more music from them. I wanted to hear more riffs, more bombastic drums, more... and more... So, I got my way and my good ol' sister bought me all the Metallica CD's. I remember myself locking into my room just to hear each one of the albums at least twice. While I reached the song ''Orion'', from the album Master of Puppets, I was psyched. I thought: ''This guys play classical music in a rock way, that's reall, really something''. And I became fond of Cliff Burton's great bass grooves.

But the thing that kept me like ''Wow Man'' was his frontman. James Hetfield. That guy wasn't joking 'round while he said he was on his way to made it someday, and he eventually did. That attitude, was the answer for so many questions I had at the time...



James: You're the greatest frontman ever. I wish I could play half as good the guitar riffs you make man. Keep inspiring young angry people like me, so we could drive that energy to new ways of expression...

1 comment:

  1. hola q tal gracias por compartir com migo tuespacio, es un verdadero placer. saludos miquel de mallorca. quisiera pedirte una cosa si no te sabe mal decirmelo megustaria saber como se suben los videos para pegarlos ala pagina gracias y un saludo

    ReplyDelete

Sysyphus

My photo
Would you believe that I speak spanish, but I prefer english instead?