1.24.2009

The Crimson Disciples, Part II: Les Gauchos Allemands

If the California Guitar Trio is the light, Les Gauchos Allemands are the darkness. While I mean darkness, I MEAN IT, like... their sound is very, very dense and obscure... and I like it. Life and music are so goddamn similar, I think. One day, you hear the cheerful tunes, and the other, you're melt in hell.

Les Gauchos Allemands were formed also in Robert Fripp's Guitar Craft Seminars. They were named Les Gauchos Allemands 'cause the guitar players are from Germany and Argentina. They've got a little bit less exposure than the California Guitar Trio, but they're as good as them...

So... I'll let the music do the talking. I may warn you, if you don't like dissonant sounds at all, you better not hear this guys. Their music is really really unconventional at all. Think of a thunder storm while you hear 'em... and you'll get them.



- So funny, my sister just said to me that I looked like the guys in the cartoon... just ramblin' on my mind, with my guitar... Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sysyphus

My photo
Would you believe that I speak spanish, but I prefer english instead?